Thursday, March 7, 2013

Sauerkraut Gose - Review

Appearance - A very slightly hazy golden color, very reminiscent of apple juice, 2-3 finger white head that dissipates relatively rapidly (~2min) leaving little to no lacing in the glass.

Aroma - Bretty, but with quite a bit of an apple note, and a spicy aroma that I cannot describe

Taste - Again fairly bretty, every so slight hint of salt at the back of the tongue when you swallow, tangy with a hint of apples and peaches

Mouthfeel - Slick and full feeling, feels like a witbier normally does, medium carbonation which if it were higher I think could help to show off the aroma

Drinkability - Ok, not my favorite attempt at the style, not quite as good as the first pitch with this culture

Notes - There was a long lag before fermentation started on this beer and it doesn't have the bright tangy character that the first try had.  I think I should have used a bit fresher culture when I pitched it

Sauerkraut Gose - Full Batch Brewday - 4/22/2011

0 comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Followers

Related Posts with Thumbnails