Friday, July 20, 2012

Double Batch Hefe Sans Sugar Review

Appearance - Super cloudy (just shook up keg) normally its quite a bit more clear, but I wanted a bit more of the yeast in suspension for the pic, but I think I roused it a bit too much.  Golden yellow, nice dense head that leaves lacing all the way down the glass.

Aroma - Bready, slightly sweet aroma, equal amounts of banana and spice

Taste - Just like it smells, bready, maybe slightly biscuity? Smooth yeasty phenolics and ripe bananas round out the flavor.

Mouthfeel - Medium high amount of carbonation, a touch higher than I normally like, but this beer isn't necessarily for me.  Nice thick wheaty body that really is a great characteristic of a hefe.

Notes/Thoughts - All around nice beer, definitely the best hefeweizen Ive ever brewed.  I think I prefer the WL Hefe yeast to the WY (first time for everything I guess!) Don't think I would change much in this beer, but I think I might like to make a stronger slightly sweeter version of this for the fall, maybe using a bit of dark munich and some crystal wheat malt.

Brewday - 4/26/2012 - Recipe & Notes

0 comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Followers

Related Posts with Thumbnails