Thursday, May 5, 2011

Smoked Ale - Two Years Later.......

I was rearranging my beer closet to be able to stuff in a beer I recently bottled and as luck would have it I came across a beer I thought had long ago been drank. Last time I had a bottle of my Smoked Ale was at least 6mos ago, and now I have two 22oz bottles! I figured it would be a good time to do another review and see how its held up over the past 2 years.......

Appearance - Ruby brown, crystal clear, thin 1 finger head that dissipates fairly quickly leaving small amounts of lacing

Aroma - Subtly smokey with some phenolics, and a hint of malt

Taste - Sweetish upfront, smoke all the way through, its a bit more restrained than last time although it hasn't dropped off much from 2 years ago, the peatiness shows through a bit more now

Mouthfeel - medium body, with medium carbonation just like the last review!

Drinkability - Good beer, smoke level is really nice peatiness is shining through a bit more which is nice

Notes/Thoughts - This beer has held up remarkably well over the past 2 years. When I popped the bottle I was expecting a phenolic oxidized mess, and I got something exactly opposite of that. The other smoked beer I brewed relatively recently (Cherry Smoked) came out far too smokey, I was hoping that would fade with some time, but tasting this beer hasn't left me very hopeful.......




0 comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Followers

Related Posts with Thumbnails