Sunday, December 28, 2008

Medium Cheddar

Success! This is the second time I've made cheese, and the first one that turned out. My first attempt followed directions that can be found here, It's actually a great resource for when your starting out, unfortunately when I tested the "cheese" after 6mos aging, it tasted and smelled like the white cheddar powder in Mac and Cheese - not very appetizing. Its unfortunate that theres not something like BeerAdvocate for cheese, there's really not much of an info base out there that I've been able to find. After the first attempt, I bought some real cheese cultures and gave it another shot. This time it turned out much better, its a really nice medium white cheddar, and I've been nibbling on it constantly since it was opened

0 comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Followers

Related Posts with Thumbnails